Safety information and resources for event organisers
This means you must ensure the safety of all:
- persons including contractors, service providers, volunteers and attendees
The organiser must also have overall insurance for the event, including public liability insurance.
Notifying the emergency services and other authorities
You can talk to the emergency services or other local authorities about an event you are holding.
- Sussex Police
- West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
- South East Coast Ambulance Service
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- West Sussex County Council Highways
Useful links, help and guidance
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have guidance on running an event safely.
Visit the Purple Guide for industry guidance on event management.
Guidance on the protection of crowded places from terrorist attacks is also available from gov.uk.
Arun Safety Advisory Group (SAG)
Larger events will be reviewed by the SAG.