5.0) Development and the planning process

Requests for tree works and/or removal of trees from council owned land to allow development shall be considered by the appointed arboricultural officer, case officer and the elected members as part of the decision as to whether to approve the planning application. Officers will not take this decision, although advice is provided to members through the process of the arboricultural officer commenting and advising as part of the application process.