Apply for building regulations approval
When building work needs approval
If you’re building something new, making alterations or extending an existing building you’re likely to need building regulation approval.
Approval is separate from planning permission. Even if you do not require planning permission you may still need building regulation approval.
There are many alteration projects that need approval, such as:
- replacing fuse boxes and connecting electrics
- installing a bathroom that will involve plumbing
- changing electrics near a bath or shower
- replacing windows and doors
- replacing roof coverings on pitched and flat roofs
- installing or replacing a heating system
- adding extra radiators to a heating system
- putting in a fixed air conditioning system
There are also projects that are exempt from building regulations.
If you are still unsure if approval is needed, you can contact our building control team:
Phone 01903 737756