Housing Benefit


Arun is now a Universal Credit area – please check our Universal Credit page to see if you should claim Universal Credit instead.

Housing benefit helps people with a low or no income to pay their rent.


How do I apply?

You can now apply online for Housing Benefit. Please visit our online Citizen Access page to start your claim.

You can apply for Universal Credit on the gov.uk website.


More information:

Citizens Advice can help with the application process for Universal Credit. You can find help and more information on the Citizens Advice website.

Citizens Advice also provide information about Housing Benefit.

You can find out more about LHA rates and which one covers your property from the Valuation Office Agency.

For help understanding your notifications, look at our example benefit decision notice.